Have you locked yourself out of your Windows 10 device? Have tried all the possible combinations for your Windows 10 password? You must be wondering what to do now to recover your account. Don’t worry; simply follow the account live password reset process given here and get the access to your PC back in minutes.
(Please note that the Windows 10 password reset steps given below are applicable only if your Microsoft account and Windows 10 password is same)
- Go to account.live.com/password/reset
- Enter your registered email address or phone number
- Hit Next to receive a password reset code on any of them
- Provide the code on the next web page
- Set a new password
- Type it again to confirm
- You are good to go!
How to Unlock PC using Account Live Password Reset?
While setting up the password for your Windows 10 OS, if you have added the security questions, then you can simply answer those questions and sign back in. Wondering how? Go through the steps given below to understand the whole process:
- When you see the error message “incorrect password”, click the Reset Password link on the screen
- You will be asked to answer the security questions
- Answer them correctly and then enter a new password
- You can now access your Windows 10 PC
In case, if you haven’t added security questions to your local account, then the only way left is to reset Windows 10 on your device. Doing this will reset the operating system back to the factory default state, which means you will lose all your data, software and applications available on it. If you want to continue it anyway, then follow these instructions:
- Hit the Power button available in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Hold down the Shift key from the keyboard, and now choose Restart
- You will see the Boot options
- Choose Troubleshoot and then Reset this PC
- Next, choose to Remove Everything
- This will reset and restart your device
At any point, if you feel that someone else is using your device without your permission, then change Windows 10 password immediately for the security of your software and privacy of your data. To do this, you have to visit the Control Panel and then User Accounts.
Also, Read: How to reset Outlook email password
Choose the Account for which you want to change the password and Follow the on-screen prompts to change your password. Make sure the new password you set for your account is strong enough. Hope the information was useful!
For Quick Help: