Windows 10 is a worldwide popular operating system that is being used by millions of computer users. It comes up with advanced features, superior functionalities, user-friendly interface, multimedia and gaming facility, and more. You can install Windows 10 on any computer system or laptop and then set a password for it. This password will help your Windows computer system to prevent any unauthorized access. In this quick guide, you will learn how to change windows 10 password in simple steps.
If you are already using Windows 10 computer system and doubt that someone else is also using your device in your absence, then change password Windows 10 to keep your data, software, and application secure.
How to Change Windows 10 Password
- Click the Windows Start menu
- Go to the Settings, and choose Accounts
- From the displayed menu, choose Sign-In Options
- Under the Change password Windows 10, hit the Change link
- To do this, enter the existing password of your Microsoft account in the appropriate box
- Click Sign In
- You will receive a Windows 10 password reset code on the phone number linked to your Microsoft account
- To receive that code, you have to enter the last four digits of your registered mobile number, and hit Enter
- Provide a new password and then enter it again to confirm
Microsoft also allows you to change your password to pin. Here is how you can do that:
- Perform steps 1 to 3 to access the Sign-In options
- Under PIN choose Add
- Sign in with the existing password of your Microsoft Windows account
- Enter the PIN and then re-type it to confirm
Like the PIN, you can also change your password to a picture password. You will find this under the Sign-In options. Follow the steps displayed on the screen to set a picture as a password for Windows 10.
On the other hand, if you are stuck while attempting to your Windows computer, then resetting its password is the only option you are left with.
How to Reset Windows 10 Password
- Go to Windows 10 password reset link mentioned in the error message you see when you enter an invalid password
- Click Forget Password
- Proceed to further instructions for your Windows password recovery
When you reset the Windows 10 password, you might need to provide a few credentials to verify your identity. Provide the same to get eligible to set a new password for your Windows operating system. During this Windows password reset process, if you find any technical glitch, then reach out to an expert by contacting Windows 10 customer support number.
The team renders support services all day long, which means you can avail the support services at any time. Apart from getting guidance on Windows 10 password reset process, if you want to know anything else about Windows 10 and the processes associated with it, then the team will be happy to assist you.