Designed and developed by the leading tech company, Microsoft, Outlook is an email application that comes up with several built-in features including note taking, task journals, calendar, contact manager, and more. These, along with many other features, help Outlook set itself apart from other email applications. To make the most of Outlook or Microsoft Outlook, users have to create an account on it. Here you will know the step by step guide to reset Outlook email password.
Like any other email account, Outlook email also needs security that can be done by setting up a secure password for it. This means having a password that is hard to guess or crack by the hackers. Moreover, it is also recommended to change your password after a regular interval to maintain the security of your Outlook account. One of the most common issues users of Outlook email face is forgetting the password. This issue can be fixed simply by resetting it. Let’s read the same in detail:
When do you need to reset Outlook password?
In case, if you see “Invalid password” error while logging in to your Outlook account or if you know you have forgotten the password, then you need to reset the same. Here is how you can do the same:
- Go to Outlook sign in page
- Here, you will see a Forget Password link
- Click the same and enter the recovery email address or phone number you have provided during the registration.
- After typing the email or phone number, click Submit to receive an Outlook password recovery link
- Follow the instructions provided in the email, and you can successfully reset Outlook password.
During this process, if you find an error or technical glitch, then connect to the Outlook support team for immediate assistance.
When do you need to change Outlook email password?
You might need to change the Outlook password in the following scenarios:
- If you think someone else is using your account without your permission
- Haven’t changed your Outlook password since long
- If you have shared your password with someone and now don’t want that person to use the same
Here is how you can change the password of Outlook:
- Access your Outlook mail
- Go to the Settings
- Choose Change Password from the Profile section
- Provide the new password
- Read the password guidelines for this
- Enter it again to confirm
- Save changes or click the Submit
Congratulations, you have successfully changed your Outlook email password. Use this to log in to your account in the future.
If any glitch or error interrupts this process, then reach out to the team of experts by dialing Outlook customer support number. Your call will be responded within 60 seconds, and a support technician will first ask you about the problem you are experiencing and then provide you with the most viable fix. If somehow you fail to implement the fix, you can ask the technician to do the same on your behalf. This is done by generating a secure remote connection. Dial our Outlook support number today!